Welcome to the PTA section! We are known as the Friends Of Darley Dene (F.O.D.D) and welcome all people with a link to Darley Dene, past and present, to join us.
We raise money by holding social events, parties, fairs and cash back recycling schemes. Monies raised benefit all children in the school in a variety of ways. The FODD meet regularly and you are more than welcome to come along and join them. The meetings are relaxed and you can play as big, or small, a part as you would like. Even if you are unable to attend meetings you can still be part of the team.
Examples of how monies raised have been spent:
- Organised for Father Christmas to visit and every child received a gift
- Provided Decorate an Easter Egg Competition Prizes
- Bought football goals and basketball nets
- Easter Egg Hunts with a gift for all
- Bought mud kitchens for the Early Years playground
- Year 6 leavers gifts Prizes for the Bake Off Competition
- A bird box with built in web cam
- Our music box benefitted from 30 new recorders and 6 Ukuleles
- Purchased gardening equipment
- Provided cooking equipment Bark chippings in the garden area
Last years fund raising:
- The Bags2school collection = £140
- Gift from Co-op = £250
- Christmas cards with the children’s designs on them = £187.55
- Christmas Fair = £2305.72
- Easter Parties = 463.26 Summer Fair 2018 = £2414.82
- A registered shopping page with EasyFundRaising.org.uk
In addition to events we also:
- Organise parent collections for staff going on maternity leave, moving on to other schools or retiring.
- Oversee the class Facebook pages posting reminders and answering queries.
- Decorated the school for Christmas and special events
- Help at Sports Day providing refreshments
- Organise Year 6 leavers hoodies
- Talk to new parents at Induction Days
Would you like to get involved?
If you would like to take on a full committee role our AGM is held every year in the first half term to bring in new chairperson, secretary and treasurer plus other supporting roles so please do put yourself forward for these if you are interested.